Essential Duties and responsibilities, listed but not limited, below:
- The Principal will work to build and maintain a strong, positive, results-oriented school culture where teachers believe and promote that all students can achieve by providing leadership for assessing and developing processes for improving climate and culture.
- The Principal will develop a plan that will foster the relationships and ensure all stakeholders (students, parents, teachers, and staff) are addressed based on the clear vision of the desired culture for the school.
- Continually build and maintain an environment that promotes PUC Schools’ values and vision while developing a sense of community in the school.
- Plan, facilitate and attend school functions such as parent meetings, open house, parent teacher conferences, sporting events, fundraisers, etc.
Staff Leadership & Development
- The Principal will implement, motivate, lead and mentor teachers to better instructional practices and increase content expertise to improve scholarly/student performance and rigorous expectations.
- The Principal will provide teachers professional and instructional support through reviewing instructional documents, observing and providing feedback for classroom observations, designing and reviewing professional growth plan goals and facilitate weekly PD/staff meetings in alignment with PUC Schools’ performance management system.
- Regular attendance, dependability and punctuality in conformance with the standards is essential to the successful performance of this position.
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
Scholarly Rigor & Academics
- The Principal will develop and implement a plan that will ensure student achievement which will be supported by evidence through assessments such as benchmarks, classroom data, parent and student feedback and a plan to address students who are struggling.
- The Principal will collaborate with others to use appropriate data to establish rigorous, concrete goals in the context of student achievement and instructional programs.
- The Principal will provide individual student support by designing and evaluating student intervention plans, attending IEP’s and designing a process for measuring and monitoring individual student growth.
- The Principal will be an organizational Leader and will collaborate with the home office in order to ensure effective fiscal and operational practices in support of school achievement.
- The Principal will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following: creating the school calendar, create and facilitate stakeholder events, accountability of the school budget, and ensuring student enrollment targets are met.