Essential Duties and responsibilities, listed but not limited, below:
- To create a College Bound culture on campus for all stakeholders
- College Awareness and Preparation: Up-date every student’s Individual College Plan on a semester basis. The college counselor must immediately up-date the ICP at the end of each semester.
- Train teachers to provide students’ progress via the Individual College Plan (ICP)
- Become familiar and use Power School to assist with the tracking of students’ records.
- Keep college catalogs up-dated and other college admissions material in the college center.
- Maintain a binder with private scholarships information and accessible to students.
- Participate in every university field trip. Disseminate and collect trip slips and all other details directed by the PUC Schools College Administrator
- Co-Coordinate along with the PUC Schools Administrator a college night during the spring semester for juniors.
- Co-coordinate along with the PUC Schools administrator, university admissions application workshops at the school site.
- Coordinate along with the PUC college administrator the visit of college representatives to the high school throughout the academic year.
- Disseminate information to students regarding college entrance exams on a yearly basis.
- Co-Coordinate with school administrator the proctoring of the PSAT to all 10th and 11th grade students in the fall semester in collaboration with teachers and school principal.
- Assist and participate in any other college or related activities within the school when necessary to support the college going culture of PUC Schools as directed by the College Administrator.
- Coordinate AP exams with Administration, Teachers and Families
Early College/Concurrent Enrollments
- Follow up with the students enrolled at the community college to assure all documentation was adequately completed
- Guide students with the registration procedure of community college courses.
- Co-coordinate with the PUC College Administrator the purchase of books at the community college for students
- Co-coordinate Parent Institute with the College Advisor and Administration
- Hold one financial aid night for parents and students
- Hold a FAFSA application workshop for the parents of seniors in the evening during the month of December or January.
- Make yourself accessible to parents and students during after school hours and if necessary hold home visits.
- Conduct a college awareness workshop for the senior parents in the fall and in the spring for the junior class parents.
- Facilitate one on one meetings with 95% of seniors and their families to review ICP and college options.
- Facilitate one on one meetings with 75% of juniors and their families to review ICP and college options.
- Input letter grade for each community college transfer credit or concurrent enrollment course completed if used for high school credit only into Power School. Please refer to concurrent enrollment agreement document to identify those courses that are considered dual credit.
- Co-coordinate the scheduling of all students in collaboration with administrators.
- Conduct teacher and students’ surveys in support of student scheduling.
- Provide ICP student data in support of student scheduling
Time Management and Professionalism
- Follows administrative processes and procedures (Time off, orders, reimbursements). Processes may be specific to sites.
- Arrives at school on time (as per agreed upon hours) dresses and conducts oneself professionally.
- Demonstrates a capacity for time management in regards to preparation and completion of job responsibilities.
- Is detail oriented and manages time appropriately
- Attends and participates in school-based meetings and activities
Team Member/Professional Development
- Attend UC and CSU counselor conferences annually to receive recent information on university admission requirements.
- Attend WACAC Conference and NACAC Conference
- Attend all department meetings and functions
Culture & Values
- Communicates effectively and appropriately with all stakeholders (parents, students, staff, community)
- Builds strong relationships with students, parents, and school staff.
- Demonstrates support and knowledge of school's goals and mission
- Regular attendance, dependability and punctuality in conformance with the standards is essential to the successful performance of this position.
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.